This is a serious video that shows some face exercises but it still made us laugh!
Seriously, though, much about looking younger has to do with the way we live. The foods we eat; the things we do all day; the type of exercise we get (or don’t get) and generally the way we feel about ourselves and our appearance. Yes, there are products which can help us look younger (we have reviewed some and will review more), but as important as the products are these other factors.
So how do you learn what to do and what not to do? In today’s information age, there is a ton of information out there, and it’s as far away as your computer. We took a look at some of the best-selling books, most of which you can read relatively quickly, and are presenting here the top 5. All of these books are around or under $10, so don’t think twice.
The list is based on the number of reviews, the average ranking and the specific comments of people liked and didn’t like these books. All of these books are also available on Kindle. If you don’t like carrying around hard copy books and are comfortable with technology, you should consider getting a Kindle. Books are generally cheaper in the Kindle format, you can take multiple books with you at one time (since they are electronic) and the device is very easy to use. You can check out the Kindle here.
1) The Food Babe Way: Break Free from the Hidden Toxins in Your Food and Lose Weight, Look Years Younger, and Get Healthy in Just 21 Days! This book has an astonishing 2,600 reviews and a 4.8 star rating! That’s pretty unusual. The people who liked the book found it very helpful, full of information and worth every penny (under $10). The people who panned the book basically felt that her material did not have sufficient scientific documentation and presented concerns that readers would worry about everything, but there were so few of them that it didn’t bring her rating down. 4.8 stars with almost 3,000 reviews means it’s really a ‘must read’.
2) Use Your Brain to Change Your Age: Secrets to Look, Feel, and Think Younger Every Day. This author is a favorite of ours. He is a doctor who has done a tremendous amount of research around the brain and how it affects all aspects of our life. This $10 book has almost 200 reviews and gets a 4.3 star rating. People who didn’t like the book didn’t find the content ‘new’ but the vast majority of the readers thought it was engaging and informative. Dr. Amen is prolific and he will change the way you treat your noggin!
3) You: Staying Young: The Owner’s Manual for Looking Good & Feeling Great. Using recent scientific research and numerous illustrations, the author’s offer a fourteen-day plan for remaining young will help increase energy, and improve vitality…aiding in the process of aging beautifully. There are over 300 people who have reviewed the book and it has a 4 star rating. Readers liked the tests at the beginning of each chapter to see how you are doing and the many stories and tips. The few people who didn’t like it thought the authors were being too silly. These two Doctor authors have a number of really terrific resources out there and they are worth consideration.
4) The Age Fix: A Leading Plastic Surgeon Reveals How to Really Look 10 Years Younger. Don’t cut me Doc! This book is filled with advice on how to improve your appearance without going under the knife. Dr. Youn offers actionable takeaways and advice for reclaiming you youthful glow around your face, your neck, your hands, your eyes, and your body. The book is about $12 and has a 4.2 rating. Most readers thought it was a great book, with only a few ‘nothing new’ naysayers.
5) Eat. Nourish. Glow. 10 easy steps for losing weight, looking younger & feeling healthier. This book was well received by those who purchased it. The author is a Nutritional Therapist who has worked with celebrity clients. She shows you how to understand foods better, detox your shelves and how to restock them with the right foods. Of the 245+ reviews that make up the 4 star rating are a number of folks who really enjoyed the book, the tips and the recipes while those who were critical didn’t feel there was enough new here. For less than $10, we think this book is more than worth it and if you like her style, the author has other books that you should try.