Don’t let deteriorating hearing make you feel left out and frustrated. You can hear as well as you used to with these amazing devices.
Many of us suffer from diminished hearing. No, we have not lost our hearing completely but if we had a plug nickel for every time we had to ask someone to repeat themselves, we would be living life in a Fiji resort.
So, we took it upon ourselves to look at a bunch of the top rated hearing devices out there. Nowadays, these devices are slim, have good controls last a long time and are barely noticeable, if that is your goal. You should consider one of these if you have had enough of the hassle.
The 5 things on our list have over 100 reviews and have decent reviews. You can check out the rating by clicking on the link (the name of the product) and you can purchase it there as well if you wish. I SAID YOU COULD PURCHASE IT THERE IF YOU WISH (just kidding, a little deaf humor)
1) Digital Hearing Amplifier by Britzgo BHA-220. 500hr Battery Life, Modern Blue, Doctor and Audiologist designed “FDA Approved “. 260 people reviewed this product with an average of a 4.5 rating. It is priced at around $60. The product can be worn on either ear and is lightweight and hard to see. This sound amplifier adapts easily for different sound environments and the battery has one of the longest lifespans available in industry.
2) NewEar™ High Quality Digital Ear Hearing Amplifier. This product has over 400 reviews. Many folks love it and even the ones that gave it lesser ratings admitted, for the most part that it worked well under most conditions. The device amplifies all sound, some folks reacted to that fact, but almost all were overall happy with the design, controls and functionality. It is battery operated fully digital (which means that among other things, the battery will last a long time). The reason we ranked this one as #1 is because it is only $40 per ear (vs. the devices which are much more costly.
3) LifeEar Ear Hearing Amplifier Doctor and Audiologist Designed All Digital Volume Control. This product maintained a 4.2 star rating after 337 people provided feedback. The design is very small and it separates sounds from background noises. Even people who liked the product found that better instructions would have sped the process of making it work right, but customer service is very good.
4) Britzgo Digital Hearing Amplifier BHA-902 “Smarter”. This device didn’t have a lot of review history and is more expensive than the #1 device, but it is made by the same manufacturer and is new. The expectation is that it will meet the same standards as the other devices by this manufacturer. This product is supposed to be ‘smarter’ inasmuch as it has the very latest noise cancelling, is among the smallest you can buy and it promoted to be extremely reliable.
5) Otofonix Personal Sound Amplifier, Digital Feedback Cancellation and Noise Reduction. This device was reviewed by 127 people and maintained a 4.5 star rating. It’s not inexpensive, at $349 per ear, but the reviews all seem to indicate that it does a good job, even for people whose hearing was damaged as a function of working in loud environments.